Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Another post so soon!

Ha ha! Surprise, I've actually managed to get another post before the change of seasons!
We've been pretty busy here @the Smith household, between visits w/family, birthdays, and shopping!
Nathan continues to amaze us w/his adaption to life here in the states. He is quite familiar w/bath and bedtime, both of which always meet w/a slow wave of the hand horizontally and "Nooooooo". He loves playing w/his cars and is ABSOLUTELY fascinated when an airplane flies overhead. He gets very excited and wants everyone to know what he sees. Unfortunately he is unable to say airplane, but we get the idea!
We were sitting outside today enjoying the weather, Mama was reading a book and Nate and I were playing w/his cars. I went over to Denise, gave her a gentle kiss and told her of a random quote that had suddenly come into my mind.
It's from the movie "Excalibur", if anyone is familiar w/that. It is the story of King Arthur, the Knights of the Round Table, Merlin, and all that stuff. I've always enjoyed the movie and felt it was quite striking in atmosphere and just the general setting. Anyhoo, there is one scene towards the end where King Arthur is dying, along w/the land since the "land and king are one", and he has sent his knights out to find the Holy Grail. This is not to be confused w/the Python troop who also were in search of the Holy Grail! One of his knights does finally find the Grail and brings it back to Arthur w/life renewing water. After sipping from the cup and regaining a bit of strength Arthur says he "never knew how empty was my soul until it was filled." I felt a little like Arthur today, not dying mind you, but not really knowing what I was actually missing out on until Nathaniel came into our lives. It's days like these when I fell TRULY blessed to be his father. I don't know what I've done to deserve that spot in his life, and I'm sure I will falter from time to time, but w/Denise by my side and our family and friends, I feel Nathaniel Ze has one heck of a sporting chance to have a "Wonderful Life"!


Loving Mama @the zoo!






Nathan and Grandma setting up the train set







"Let me show you how it's done, Uncle Charley!"






Nathan had buddy Danny over for a play date!
"Have you heard about these Goldfish S'mores? They're awesome!"






Alright, buddy, stick 'em up! Aunt Debbie gets Nate w/the bubble maker







Don't panic Elizabeth, I think I know CPR...er...China's Pretty Radical?








Nathan's first encounter w/a Slip n Slide. He was good for a couple runs, but then he kind of pooped out. The fact his bathing suit kept falling off was an added bonus!





                                                        Denise and I feel this pretty much sums him up! LOL...

1 comment:

  1. Troy, thank you for the second update for us out of towners!

    Has he grown since he's been home? He looks a little bigger in the pictures than when you guys had the pictures from China.

    ReplyDelete